Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Bruce,

>>> My point is that the docs are not clear about this.
>>
>> Indeed.
>>
>>> Can you fix it?
>>
>> Sure. Attached patch adds an explicit sentence about it, as it was only
>> hinted about in the default initialization command string, and removes a
>> spurious empty paragraph found nearby.
>
> Thanks, patch applied.

Ok.

You might remove the "DOCUMENT THE DEFAULT…" in the release note.

I'm wondering about the commit comment: "Reported-by: Fabien COELHO",
actually you reported it, not me!

After looking again at the release notes, I do really think that
significant documentation changes do not belong to the "Source code"
section but should be in separate "Documentation" section, and that more
items should be listed there, because they represent a lot of not-so-fun
work, especially Tom's restructuration of tables, and possibly others.

About pgbench, ISTM that d37ddb745be07502814635585cbf935363c8a33d is worth
mentionning because it is a user-visible change.

--
Fabien.