Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-May-11, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> We have long discussed how much of the release notes is to reward
> behavior, and we have settled on having the names on the items, and the
> Acknowledgments section at the bottom.

Yes, we had to touch the source code in order to add documentation; but
so what?  Everything touches the source code, but that doesn't mean it
should be listed there.  I don't see what's the problem with having a
new subsection in the relnotes entitled "Documentation" where these two
items appears (glossary + new doc table format) are listed.  It's not
like it's going to cost us a lot of space or anything.

I don't think there is any circularity argument BTW -- we're not going
to document that we added release notes.  And changing the table format
is not entirely pointless, given that we've historically had trouble
with these tables (read: they're totally unusable in PDF).

Сообщение: Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft
Сообщение: Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft