Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2020-May-11, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 08:34:56PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > Yes, we had to touch the source code in order to add documentation; but
> > so what?  Everything touches the source code, but that doesn't mean it
> > should be listed there.  I don't see what's the problem with having a
> > new subsection in the relnotes entitled "Documentation" where these two
> > items appears (glossary + new doc table format) are listed.  It's not
> > like it's going to cost us a lot of space or anything.

> Well, are you suggesting a new section because the glossary shouldn't be
> listed under source code, or because you want the function reformatting
> added?  We just need to understand what the purpose is.  We already have
> the glossary listed, since that is new and user-visible.

IMO the table reformatting change is significant enough to be
noteworthy.  I'm suggesting that a new Documentation subsection would
list both that and the glossary, separately from Source Code -- so it'd
be E.1.3.10 and Source Code would be E.1.3.11.

Сообщение: Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft
Сообщение: Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft