Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 04, 2020 at 11:16:00PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have committed the first draft of the PG 13 release notes.  You can
> see them here:
>
>     https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-13.html
>
> It still needs markup, word wrap, and indenting.  The community doc
> build should happen in a few hours.

Thanks Bruce for compiling the release notes.  Here are some comments
from me, after looking at the state of the notes as of f2ff203.

Should e2e02191 be added to the notes?  This commit means that we
actually dropped support for Windows 2000 (finally) at run-time.

At the same time I see no mention of 79dfa8af, which added better
error handling when backends the SSL context with incorrect bounds.

What about fc8cb94, which basically means that vacuumlo and oid2name
are able to now support coloring output for their logging?

<para>
Document color support (Peter Eisentraut)
</para>
[...]
<para>
THIS WAS NOT DOCUMENTED BEFORE?
</para>
Not sure that there is a point to add that to the release notes.
--
Michael

Вложения