Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft

От John Naylor
Тема Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Bruce, thanks for working on this again!

+<para>
+Allow UTF-8 escapes, e.g., E'\u####', in clients that don't use UTF-8
encoding (Tom Lane)
+</para>

I believe the term we want here is "Unicode escapes". This patch is
about the server encoding, which formerly needed to be utf-8 for
non-ascii characters. (I think the client encoding doesn't matter as
long as ascii bytes are represented.)

+<para>
+The UTF-8 characters must be available in the server encoding.
+</para>

Same here, s/UTF-8/Unicode/.

--
John Naylor                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/