Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Bruce,

>>  * e1ff780485
>
> I was told in this email thread to not include that one.

Ok.

>>  * 34a0a81bfb
>
> We already have:
>
>     Reformat tables containing function information for better
>     clarity (Tom Lane)
>
> so it seems it is covered as part of this.

AFAICR this one is not by the same author, and although the point was
about better clarity, it was not about formating but rather about
restructuring text vs binary string function documentations. Then Tom
reformatted the result.

>>  * e829337d42
>
> Uh, this is a doc link formatting addition.  I think this falls into the
> error message logic, where it is nice when people want it, but they
> don't need to know about it ahead of time.

Hmmm. ISTM that this is not really about "error message logic", it is
about navigating to libpq functions when one is reference in the
description of another to check what it does, which I had to do a lot
while developing some performance testing code for a project.

>>  * "Document color support (Peter Eisentraut)"
>>    THIS WAS NOT DOCUMENTED BEFORE?
>>
>> Not as such, AFAICR it was vaguely hinted about in the documentation of
>> command that would use it, but not even all of them. Now there is a new
>> specific section.
>
> Again, this is the first hash you gave.

Possibly, but as the "THIS WAS NOT DOCUMENTED BEFORE?" question seemed to
still be in the release notes, I gathered that the information had not
reached its destination, hence the possible repetition. But maybe the
issue is that this answer is not satisfactory. Sorry for the
inconvenience.

--
Fabien.

Сообщение: Re: Event trigger code comment duplication
Сообщение: Re: Event trigger code comment duplication