Re: Online enabling of checksums

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Online enabling of checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2018-07-31 18:56:29 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> In the spirit of supporting incremental development, I think it's quite
> sensible to get the current thing done, then see what it takes to get
> the next thing done.  Each is an improvement on its own merits.  And it
> doesn't have to be made by the same people.

I just don't buy this. An earlier version of this feature was committed
to v11 without the restart, over objections. There's now extra state in
the control file to support the restart based system, there's extra
tests, extra docs. And it'd not be much code to just make it work
without the restart. The process around this patchset is just plain
weird.

Greetings,

Andres Freund