Re: Online enabling of checksums

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Online enabling of checksums
Дата
Re: Online enabling of checksums  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04/05/2018 01:12 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2018-04-05 22:06:36 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> I have now pushed this latest version with some minor text adjustments and
>> a catversion bump.
>>
>> Thanks for all the reviews!
> I want to be on the record that I think merging a nontrival feature that
> got submitted 2018-02-21, just before the start of the last last CF, is
> an abuse of process, and not cool.  We've other people working hard to
> follow the process, and circumventing it like this just signals to
> people trying to follow the rules that they're fools.
>
> Merging ~2kloc patches like that is going to cause pain. And even if
> not, it causes procedual damage.

Perhaps I am missing something but there has been a lot of public
discussion on this feature for the last 7 weeks of which you barely
participated. I certainly understand wanting some notice before commit
but there has been lots of discussion, multiple people publicly
commenting on the patch and Magnus has been very receptive to all
feedback (that I have seen). Perhaps we are being a sensitive because of
another patch that is actually ramrodding the process and we need to
take a step back?

Thanks,

JD

> - Andres

***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***
PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****