Re: Online enabling of checksums

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Online enabling of checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 4:55 PM, Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:

> 5 апр. 2018 г., в 14:33, Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> написал(а):
>
> This patch version seems fine to me. I'm inclined to mark it RFC.
+1
The patch works fine for me. I've tried different combinations of backend cancelation and the only suspicious thing I found is that you can start multiple workers by cancelling launcher and not cancelling worker. Is it problematic behavior? If we run pg_enable_data_checksums() it checks for existing launcher for a reason, m.b. it should check for worker too?

I don't think it's a problem in itself -- it will cause pointless work, but not actually cause any poroblems I think (whereas duplicate launchers could cause interesting things to happen).

How did you actually cancel the launcher to end up in this situation?

I think it worth to capitalize WAL in "re-write the page to wal".

In the comment, right? Yeah, easy fix.,