Re: Online enabling of checksums

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Online enabling of checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 10:14 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
On 2018-04-05 13:12:08 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2018-04-05 22:06:36 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > I have now pushed this latest version with some minor text adjustments and
> > a catversion bump.
> >
> > Thanks for all the reviews!
>
> I want to be on the record that I think merging a nontrival feature that
> got submitted 2018-02-21, just before the start of the last last CF, is
> an abuse of process, and not cool.  We've other people working hard to
> follow the process, and circumventing it like this just signals to
> people trying to follow the rules that they're fools.
>
> Merging ~2kloc patches like that is going to cause pain. And even if
> not, it causes procedual damage.

I can understand those arguments, and if that's the view of others as well, I can of course revert that.

And even worse, without even announcing an intent to commit and giving
people a chance to object.

At least this patch was posted on the lists before commit, unlike many others from many different people. And AFAIK there has never been such a rule.

Сообщение: Re: Online enabling of checksums
Сообщение: Re: Online enabling of checksums