Re: Online enabling of checksums

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Online enabling of checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 01 Mar 2018, at 05:07, Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>> I noticed that pg_verify_checksum takes an "-o oid" argument to only
>> check the relation with that OID; but that's wrong, because the number
>> is a relfilenode, not an OID (since it's compared to the on-disk file
>> name).  I would suggest changing everything to clarify that it's a
>> pg_class.relfilenode value, otherwise it's going to be very confusing.
>> Maybe use "-f filenode" if -f is available?
>
> I'd argue this is merely a mistake in the --help text.

Agreed, the --help text isn’t really clear in this case and should be updated
to say something along the lines of:

printf(_("  -o relfilenode  check only relation with specified relfilenode\n"));

cheers ./daniel

Сообщение: Re: RFC: Add 'taint' field to pg_control.
Сообщение: Re: RFC: Add 'taint' field to pg_control.