Re: Online enabling of checksums

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Online enabling of checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On February 22, 2018 11:44:17 AM PST, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 8:41 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>
>wrote:
>In this particular case that would at least phase 1 simplify it because
>we'd only need one process instead of worker/launcher. However, if we'd
>ever want to parallellize it -- or any other process of the style, like
>autovacuum -- you'd still need a launcher+worker combo. So making that
>particular scenario simpler might be worthwhile on it's own.

Why is that needed? You can just start two bgworkers and process a list of items stored in shared memory. Or even just
check,I assume there'd be a catalog flag somewhere, whether a database / table / object of granularity has already been
processedand use locking to prevent concurrent access.

Andres