Re: Online enabling of checksums

От Sergei Kornilov
Тема Re: Online enabling of checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

> They fail over to a secondary to do maintenance on a primary.
But this is not problem even in current patch state. We can restart replica before failover and it works. I tested this
behaviorduring my review.

We can:
- call pg_enable_data_checksums() on master
- wait change data_checksums to inprogress on replica
- restart replica - we can restart replica before promote, right?
- promote this replica
- checksum helper is launched now and working on this promoted cluster

regards, Sergei

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: [Patch] Checksums for SLRU files
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Online enabling of checksums