Re: Docbook 5.x

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Docbook 5.x
Дата
Re: Docbook 5.x
Список pgsql-docs
Jürgen Purtz wrote:
> Hi,
> actually we use DocBook V4.2 for the PostgreSQL manuals. I suggest an
> upgrade to DocBook 5.x. This sounds simple, but it will be a long process
> with many sub-tasks.

Yes, agreed.  The killer objection placed last time was that it took
something like 10x longer to generate the HTML using the XML-based
toolchain than the SGML-based ones.  If this is not fixed, let's forget
about this whole thing until it is.  So, would you time the process
using both toolchains and report back?