Re: Docbook 5.x

От Alexander Law
Тема Re: Docbook 5.x
Дата
Re: [DOCS] Docbook 5.x
Список pgsql-docs
Hello Peter,

I saw that you committed the patch to switch the html build to XSLT by
default.
So It seems, now we can continue the move to XML.
I'd suggest to move in several steps.
Please see the attached scripts.
The main script is 7_check_conversion.sh. It performs all the conversion
and checks whether the html output is the same.
I suggest to split conversion in three commits.
Commit#0 is for manual corrections - it replaces "<" with "<" and so
on in some sgml's and it doesn't affect the build or outputs.
It needed just for the next step - automatic conversion. These changes
to sgml's are countable and observable.

Commit#1 performs conversion of all SGML's to make them compatible with
XML (as much as possible). (Thanks to Jurgen for his sgml2xml.pl script.)
These changes to sgml's are massive, but they are produced
automatically, so we need just to check the script and make sure that
the output is the same.
After that commit we still can use SGML build.

And the last commit, commit#2 is for switching to XML. At that point
doc/src/sgml renamed to doc/src/xml, build environment modified and
cleaned, but changes in sgml/xml are minimal, so we can observe and
check them.

After the commit#2 we get all our docs in XML (DocBook 4.2) and can
build it just as we did with 'make html/man/...' before.
Maybe the commit#2 should be applied later, but commits #0 and #1 are
not intrusive and can be applied anytime.

Best regards,
Alexander

Вложения