Re: Docbook 5.x

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Docbook 5.x
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Alexander Law wrote:
> Hello Jürgen,
>
> As was stated in the aforementioned thread, solution 2 can be much (8x)
> faster with some xslt optimizations, but I think now we should outline some
> roadmap before we start to prepare patches and so.

Can the Docbook5 build be sped up with similar hacks?

If the stylesheet tweaks you did are universally useful, why not
contribute them back to upstream Docbook?

> Maybe we should convert to XML with DocBook4 at first step?
> Then, once we get everything stabilized, we can upgrade to DocBook5.

Not sure there's much point in having an intermediate step in the
repository that makes the doc build so much slower.  I'd rather go to
Docbook5 straight away.

> Shouldn't we decompose the conversion procedure, so we could perform fully
> automatic conversion without any manual changes, and then fix non-valid
> situations, you described before?

I don't think so -- this means leaving a state in the repo in which the
docs don't actually build.