Re: Docbook 5.x

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Docbook 5.x
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Jürgen Purtz wrote:
> Hello Alvaro,
>
> yes, character entities respectively their values must be kept (what you
> have seen is an intermediate state). We will use utf-8, so every possible
> Unicode code point can be used directly. But we use not only character
> entities, there are also parameter entities and external entities. The
> external entities will be replaced by xi:XInclude.

OK.  Currently we have no non-ASCII chars in our source code, so this
would be without precedent, but I think all modern tools should cope.
The only pain point may be Tom Lane's mail client, which is unique in
still using us-ascii encoding.

> At last there are 4 parameter entities, to whom I actually have no
> solution: %standalone-ignore; %standalone-include; %include-index;
> %include-xslt-index; . But they should not be a show-stopper.

Hmm?  I think we use these entities to generate text files that are
distributed in the tarball.  How would we generate these files in the
Docbook5 XML world?