Re: Docbook 5.x

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Docbook 5.x
Дата
Re: Docbook 5.x
Список pgsql-docs

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 10:34 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Jürgen Purtz wrote:
> Hi,
> actually we use DocBook V4.2 for the PostgreSQL manuals. I suggest an
> upgrade to DocBook 5.x. This sounds simple, but it will be a long process
> with many sub-tasks.

Yes, agreed.  The killer objection placed last time was that it took
something like 10x longer to generate the HTML using the XML-based
toolchain than the SGML-based ones.  If this is not fixed, let's forget
about this whole thing until it is.  So, would you time the process
using both toolchains and report back?
the xml performance may be greatly improved. Alexander, what is current state of art of your patch ? How slow is xml in compare to sgml ?

--
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/