Re: Docbook 5.x

От Alexander Law
Тема Re: Docbook 5.x
Дата
Re: Docbook 5.x
Список pgsql-docs
Hello,
>> The next items in our plan were:
> An immediate problem is that the patched stuff no longer works with
> older stylesheets (1.76.1?).  I'm glad to leave older stuff behind for a
> 400% speedup, but we need to analyze the exact effect and possibly
> document it or work around it.
Please consider committing attached patch. Commented-out call-template
does nothing so we can just customize our customized templates further
to support 1.76.
I've just performed the build with Ubuntu 13.04/docbook 1.76.1 - it works.
(In case the call-template generated something it would appear in
bookindex.html only.)

>> - Wait a while to make sure everyone is happy with the performance. Keep
>> tweaking if necessary.
>> - Port all DSSSL customizations to XSLT.  Manually evaluate output for
>> quality.
>>
>> Should we now compare DSSSL outputs with XSLT?
>> I had some success with it before. See my letter:
>> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/57712848.7060306%40gmail.com
>> Those xslt's (see xhtml-like-dsssl.patch) can help us to see all the
>> differences and to decide which customizations to keep.
> It looks like the idea there is to whack the XSLT stylesheets until the
> output looks exactly like the DSSSL output?  I'm not sure that's
> terribly useful.  It would probably be a lot of work, which we'll just
> end up removing eventually.  I'd rather just fix any formatting issues
> we find and move forward.
That work is done already and it's results are countable and observable
differences. (See comments in the xslt.)
For example, with DSSSL we don't get a chapter TOC when the chapter
contains only one sect1 (with XSLT we get the TOC with the one item).
We also had subtoc for sect1/refentry and sect1/simplesect, but with
XSLT it's absent.
So if all such differences are not important, let's move forward.

Best regards,
Alexander

Вложения