Re: RFC: adding pytest as a supported test framework

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: RFC: adding pytest as a supported test framework
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-06-11 08:04:57 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Some time ago I did some work on wrapping libpq using the perl FFI module.
> It worked pretty well, and would mean we could probably avoid many uses of
> IPC::Run, and would probably be substantially more efficient (no fork
> required). It wouldn't avoid all uses of IPC::Run, though.

FWIW, I'd *love* to see work on this continue. The reduction in test runtime
on windows is substantial and would shorten the hack->CI->fail->hack loop a
good bit shorter. And save money.

> But my point was mainly that while a new framework might have value, I don't
> think we need to run out and immediately rewrite several hundred TAP tests.

Oh, yea. That's not at all feasible to just do in one go.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Document ABI Compatibility
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Document ABI Compatibility