Re: RFC: adding pytest as a supported test framework

От Melanie Plageman
Тема Re: RFC: adding pytest as a supported test framework
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jun 15, 2024 at 5:53 PM Greg Sabino Mullane <htamfids@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 15, 2024 at 12:48 PM Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres@jeltef.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Afaict, there's a significant part of our current community who feel the same way (and I'm pretty sure every sub-30
yearold person who
>> newly joins the community would feel the exact same way too).
>

> Those young-uns are also the same group who hold their nose when coding in C, and are always clamoring for rewriting
Postgresin Rust. And before that, C++. And next year, some other popular language that is clearly better and more
popularthan C.

Writing a new test framework in a popular language that makes it more
likely that more people will write more tests and test infrastructure
is such a completely different thing than suggesting we rewrite
Postgres in Rust that I feel that this comparison is unfair and,
frankly, a distraction from the discussion at hand.

- Melanie

От: Greg Sabino Mullane
Сообщение: Re: RFC: adding pytest as a supported test framework
От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: Inval reliability, especially for inplace updates