Re: RFC: adding pytest as a supported test framework

От Greg Sabino Mullane
Тема Re: RFC: adding pytest as a supported test framework
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 14, 2024 at 5:09 PM Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres@jeltef.nl> wrote:
Test::More on the other hand, while indeed still maintained, it's
definitely not getting significant new feature development or
improvements[2]. Especially when comparing it to pytest[3].

That's fair, although it's a little hard to tell if the lack of new features is because they are not needed for a stable, mature project, or because few people are asking for and developing new features. Probably a bit of both. But I'll be the first to admit Perl is dying; I just don't know what should replace it (or how - or when). Python has its quirks, but all languages do, and your claim that it will encourage more and easier test writing by developers is a good one.

Cheers,
Greg

Сообщение: Re: RFC: adding pytest as a supported test framework
Сообщение: Re: RFC: adding pytest as a supported test framework