Re: Proposal: Document ABI Compatibility

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Proposal: Document ABI Compatibility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-06-12 14:58:04 +0200, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jun 2024 at 14:44, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
> > I think since around 6 years ago we have been much more vigilant about
> > avoiding ABI breaks.  So if there aren't any more recent examples of
> > breakage, then maybe that was ultimately successful, and the upshot is,
> > continue to be vigilant at about the same level?
>
> While not strictly an ABI break I guess, the backport of 32d5a4974c81
> broke building Citus against 13.10 and 14.7[1].

I think that kind of thing is not something we (PG devs) really can do
anything about. It's also
a) fairly easy thing to fix
b) fails during compilation
c) doesn't break ABI afaict

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Document ABI Compatibility
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: RFC: adding pytest as a supported test framework