Re: RFC: adding pytest as a supported test framework

От Greg Sabino Mullane
Тема Re: RFC: adding pytest as a supported test framework
Дата
Re: RFC: adding pytest as a supported test framework
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 13, 2024 at 9:38 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
I agree with you, but I'm skeptical that solving it will be as easy as
switching to Python. For whatever reason, it seems like every piece of
infrastructure that the PostgreSQL community has suffers from severe
neglect. Literally everything I know of either has one or maybe two
very senior hackers maintaining it, or no maintainer at all.
All of this stuff is critical project infrastructure and yet it feels like nobody wants to work on
it.

I feel at least some of this is a visibility / marketing problem. I've not seen any dire requests for help come across on the lists, nor things on the various todos/road maps/ blog posts people make from time to time. If I had, I would have jumped in. And for the record, I'm very proficient with Perl.

Cheers,
Greg