Re: RFC: adding pytest as a supported test framework

От Alexander Korotkov
Тема Re: RFC: adding pytest as a supported test framework
Дата
Re: RFC: adding pytest as a supported test framework
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 11, 2024 at 5:31 PM Jacob Champion
<jacob.champion@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2024 at 12:26 PM Alexander Korotkov
> <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thank you for working on this.
> > Do you think you could re-use something from testgres[1] package?
>
> Possibly? I think we're all coming at this with our own bags of tricks
> and will need to carve off pieces to port, contribute, or reimplement.
> Does testgres have something in particular you'd like to see the
> Postgres tests support?

Generally, testgres was initially designed as Python analogue of what
we have in src/test/perl/PostgreSQL/Test.  In particular its
testgres.PostgresNode is analogue of PostgreSQL::Test::Cluster.  It
comes under PostgreSQL License.  So, I wonder if we could revise it
and fetch most part of it into our source tree.

------
Regards,
Alexander Korotkov
Supabase