Re: RFC: adding pytest as a supported test framework

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: RFC: adding pytest as a supported test framework
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2024-06-12 We 11:50, Andres Freund wrote:
Hi,

On 2024-06-11 07:28:23 -0700, Jacob Champion wrote:
On Mon, Jun 10, 2024 at 1:04 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Just for context for the rest the email: I think we desperately need to move
off perl for tests. The infrastructure around our testing is basically
unmaintained and just about nobody that started doing dev stuff in the last 10
years learned perl.
Okay. Personally, I'm going to try to stay out of discussions around
subtracting Perl and focus on adding Python, for a bunch of different
reasons:
I think I might have formulated my paragraph above badly - I didn't mean that
we should move away from perl tests tomorrow,

OK, glad we're on the same page there. Let's move on.

but that we need a path forward
that allows folks to write tests without perl.

OK, although to be honest I'm more interested in fixing some of the things that have made testing with perl a pain, especially the IPC::Run pump stuff.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: RFC: adding pytest as a supported test framework
Сообщение: Re: RFC: adding pytest as a supported test framework