Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source

От MauMau
Тема Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: "Amit Kapila" <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>
> How about below message:
>
> event source "<event_source_name>" is already registered.

OK, I added several lines for this.  Please check the attached patch.

> What I had in mind was to change it during initdb, we are already doing it
> for some other parameter (unix_socket_directories), please refer below
> code in initdb.c

Yes, It seems we can do this.  However, could you forgive me for leaving
this untouched?  I'm afraid postgresql.conf.sample's issue is causing
unnecessary war among people here.  That doesn't affect the point of this
patch --- make pg_ctl use the event_source setting.  Anyway, not all
parameters in postgresql.conf cannot be used just by uncommenting them.
That's another issue.

I'll update the CommitFest entry soon.

Regards
MauMau