Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 1:21 PM, MauMau <maumau307@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, Amit san, Tom san,
>
> I'm sorry for my late response.  I've just caught up with the discussion.
> I'm almost convinced.
>
> Please find attached the revised patch.  I'd like to follow the idea of
> adding a switch to pg_ctl.  The newly added ""-e event_source" sets the
> event source name for pg_ctl to use.  When -e is used with pg_ctl register,
> it will be added to the command line for Windows service (pg_ctl
> runservice).

Currently -e option is accepted with all the options that can be provided
in pg_ctl.  Shouldn't we accept it only with options related to service,
because that is only when it will be used.  Basically write_stderr() will
write to event log only incase of service.

Another minor point is you have forgotten to remove below declaration:
+ static void get_config_value(const char *name, char *buf, int buf_size);

Sorry for delayed response and I am not sure that I will be able to
complete the review of patch in next few days as I will be on vacation.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.