Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source

От MauMau
Тема Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: "Amit Kapila" <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>
> How about below message:
>
> event source "<event_source_name>" is already registered.

Thanks.  I'll use this, making the initial letter the capital "E" like other
messages in the same source file.  I'm going to submit the final patch and
update the CommitFest entry tomorrow at the earliest.

> Today, I reviewed the patch again and found it okay, except a small
> inconsistency which is about default event source name in
> postgresql.conf, all other places it's changed except in .conf file.
> Do you think it makes sense to change there as well?

Oh, I missed it.  postgresql.conf.sample says:

# The commented-out settings shown in this file represent the default
values.

To follow this, we have the line as:

#event_source = 'PostgreSQL 9.4'

But this requires us to change this line for each major release.  That's a
maintenance headache.  Another idea is:

#event_source = 'PostgreSQL <major_release>'

But this is not the exact default value.

So I want to leave the line as now.  Anyway, some other lines in
postgresql.conf.sample do not represent the default value, either,:

#data_directory = 'ConfigDir'  # use data in another directory
#max_stack_depth = 2MB   # min 100kB
#include_if_exists = 'exists.conf' # include file only if it exists
#include = 'special.conf'  # include file

Regards
MauMau