Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source

От MauMau
Тема Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: "Amit Kapila" <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>
> Today, I was trying to reproduce this issue and found that if user tries
> to register event source second time with same name, we just replace
> the previous event source's path in registry.
> Shouldn't we try to stop user at this step only, means if he tries to
> register with same event source name more than once return error,
> saying event source with same name already exists?

I'm OK with either.  If we add the check, I think that would be another
patch.  However, I'm afraid the check won't be much effective, because the
packaged application then unregister and register (i.e. regsvr32 /u and then
regsvr32 /i) blindly.

> Another thing is after register of pgevent.dll, if I just try to start
> PostgreSQL
> it shows below messages in EventLog. Although the message has information
> about server startup, but the start of Description is something similar to
> what you were reporting "event source not found".
> Am I missing something?
>
> Steps
> 1. installation of PostgreSQL from source code using Install.bat in
> mdvc directory
> 2. initdb -D <data_dir>
> 3. regsvr32 /n /i:PostgreSQL <install_dir_path>\lib\pgevent32.dll

Please specify pgevent.dll, not pgevent32.dll.

Regards
MauMau