Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 5:33 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 4:51 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> Did anyone actually test this patch? :)
>>
>> I admit I did not build it on Windows specifically because I assumed
>> that was done as part of the development and review. And the changes
>> to pg_event.c can never have built, since the file does not include
>> the required header.
>
> I have tested it on Windows and infact on Linux as well to see if there
> is any side impact before marking it as Ready For Committer.
>
> It seems to me that the required header is removed in last version
> (pg_ctl_eventsrc_v11) where MessageBox() related changes have been
> removed from patch as per recent discussion.  Sorry for not being able
> to check last version posted.

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying, and I apologize if I came across a bit
harsh even with the smiley.

>> I have reverted that part of the patch for now, hopefully that'll
>> unbreak the buildfarm.
>
> Do you want me to write a patch to use DEFAULT_EVENT_SOURCE in
> pgevent?

I'm not sure it's worth it. I do like the property that pg_event
doesn't have to pull in the full set of headers. But I guess it's
quite confusing to have *one* place that doesn't use the #define. So I
guess if it does work to just pull int he required header then yes, we
should do it - but if it turns out that header causes any conflicts
with anything else we're doing in the file, then let's just skipp it.