Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source

От MauMau
Тема Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> From: "Amit Kapila" <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>
>   I think it is better to keep it like what I suggested above,
> because in that case
>   it will assign default name even if postgres -C fails due to some
> reason.
>
>>> 2. What will happen if user doesn't change the name in "event_source"
>>> or kept the same name,
>>>    won't it hit the same problem again? So shouldn't it try to
>>> generate different name by appending
>>>    version string to it?

I re-considered that.  As you suggested, I think I'll do as follows.  Would
this be OK?

[pg_ctl.c]
evtHandle = RegisterEventSource(NULL, *event_source ? event_source :   "PostgreSQL " PG_MAJORVERSION);

[guc.c]
{"event_source", PGC_POSTMASTER, LOGGING_WHERE,
"PostgreSQL " PG_MAJORVERSION,
NULL, NULL, NULL

[elog.c]
Writing the default value in this file was redundant, because event_source
cannot be NULL.  So change

evtHandle = RegisterEventSource(NULL, event_source ? event_source :
"PostgreSQL");

evtHandle = RegisterEventSource(NULL, event_source);

Regards
MauMau

Сообщение: Re: Why the buildfarm is all pink
Сообщение: Re: Why the buildfarm is all pink