Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 4:22 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "MauMau" <maumau307@gmail.com> writes:
>> From: "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
>>> I'm still not clear on why we can't just use the port number.
>
>> To use port, we have to tell the location of $PGDATA to regsvr32.exe.
>
> [ scratches head... ]  Exactly which of the other proposals *doesn't*
> require that?
  Appending it with version number which is compile time constant.

> Certainly anything that involves parsing settings out
> of postgresql.conf will.
  We don't need to parse for default value of event source, it is only  for case when user gives some specific name to
event_sourcein  postgresql.conf and it that case, we expect that user provides the same name during register command of
eventsource, some thing like: regsvr32 /n /i: PostgreSQL_HEAD <install_dir_path>\lib\pgevent32.dll

 Here point to note is that pgevent.dll never does any parsing or lookup for event source name, either user provides it
orwe use default value.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Claudio Freire
Сообщение: Re: Why do we let autovacuum give up?
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE lock strength reduction patch is unsafe