Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source

От MauMau
Тема Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus@hagander.net>
> Well, it does in a couple of places. I'm nto sure it's that important
> (as nobody has AFAIK ever requested that change from for example EDB),
> but it's not a bad thing. However, with a hardcoded service name, I
> think the changes to pg_event.c are probably both not necessary and
> actually bad - as you'll now start getting errors in more harmless
> scenarios.

Thank you.  OK, in fact, all I want in pgevent.c is this:

! char  event_source[256] = "PostgreSQL";
! char  event_source[256] = DEFAULT_EVENT_SOURCE;

But what kind of errors do we get with other changes in pgevent.c?  I made
these changes according to Amit-san's notice (please look at his comment
upthread), and I think he is right.

> Oh, right. I see what you mean now. That goes for all parameters
> though, including -D, and we don't specify those as register mode
> only, so I still think it's wrong to place it there. It is now grouped
> with all other parameters that we specifically *don't* write to the
> commandline of the service.

OK, let me reconsider this tomorrow.  It's already after midnight here in
Japan, and I have to go to bed so that I can wake up tomorrow.

Regards
MauMau