Re: pgFoundry Download URLs

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Dec 27, 2009, at 1:12 AM, Dave Page wrote:

> And the answer is unfortunately, no, there is no way around that
> unless you want to start hacking the gforge code. And if you want to
> do that, you can start by upgrading it :-p

Since that doesn't seem to be likely to happen anytime soon, and indeed there are folks who want to kill pgFoundry, I'm
consideringmoving my project elsewhere. The only hesitation I have is that then pgTAP will not be visible on any
PostgreSQL-orientedcommunity site.

I know that when I release a Perl module to CPAN that it will be visible to lots of people in the Perl community, and
automaticallysearchable via search.cpan.org and other tools. A CPAN release is a release to the Perl community.

There is nothing like this for PostgreSQL. pgFoundry is the closest thing, and, frankly, nowhere near as good
(pgFoundry'ssearch rankings have always stunk). So if I were to remove my projects from pgFoundry, how could I make
themvisible to the community? Is there any other central repository of or searchable list of third-party PostgreSQL
offerings?

Thanks,

David