Re: pgFoundry Download URLs

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Дата
Список pgsql-www
David E. Wheeler wrote:
> See the "2316" in the URL? This is the URL that pgFoundry creates for downloads. Every single download on the site
hasunique ID like this. This makes it possible for a project to predict URLs in advance of a release. This is not
good.

Why is that not good?  If you want a unique namespace for each file set
published by every project, you have to tag them with a unique prefix,
and a numeric one is as good as any.

In any case, given that you can bundle the .tar.gz source file with the
source RPM, linking directly to the source there is an optional shortcut
anyway.  You'd need to have a pretty serious objection to justify
changing something here, and I'm not even sure what you don't like.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com