Re: pgFoundry Download URLs

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Dec 27, 2009, at 5:51 AM, Greg Smith wrote:

> Why is that not good?  If you want a unique namespace for each file set published by every project, you have to tag
themwith a unique prefix, and a numeric one is as good as any.

I don't want a unique namespace. The file name includes the version number and therefore is unique enough.

> In any case, given that you can bundle the .tar.gz source file with the source RPM, linking directly to the source
thereis an optional shortcut anyway.  You'd need to have a pretty serious objection to justify changing something here,
andI'm not even sure what you don't like.

That's something for Devrim to consider. But for the pgtap.spec that's included in pgTAP itself, I need to have a
stable,predictable URL to use.

Best,

David