Re: pgFoundry Download URLs

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Дата
Re: pgFoundry Download URLs  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Список pgsql-www
On Wednesday 30 December 2009 16:11:36 Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 22:05:41 +0100, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
> wrote:
>

> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/phppgadmin/phpPgAdmin-4.2.2.tar.bz2?downlo
>ad

> >> Launchpad.
> >
> > Want to start a launchpad vs github flamewar?
>
> No. I actually don't care which you use.

And in fact, why be so limiting, there are *dozens* of alternatives:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_open_source_software_hosting_facilities

> I just don't think .Org will
> ever be able to productively host this infrastructure, ever. We haven't
> been able to do it right since 2001, why would we suddenly start now?

+1

> And no offense to anyone who has tried. I am not suggesting we haven't
> just that our priorities are not nor will they ever be, pgFoundry or some
> successor.

+1

> > FWIW, both are AFAIK missing the "simple migration path" that Dave was
> > asking for.
>
> Not really... let the developers move it themselves.

+1.

One thing I learned doing the gborg migration/shutdown was that everyone uses
the existing infrastructure differently, and the relative importance of any of
it seems to fluctuate on how much work they will have to do to keep something.
So my migration plan  *is* simple, it's "NMFP". (Except of course for those
projects of my own which are on pgfoundry, which would be MFP, but I'm willing
to move them)

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net