Re: pgFoundry Download URLs

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Дата
Re: pgFoundry Download URLs  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 22:05:41 +0100, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>
wrote:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/phppgadmin/phpPgAdmin-4.2.2.tar.bz2?download

>>> We're not. Unless you have a simple migration path to a good
>>> alternative (which, imnsho, sourceforge is most certainly not).
>>
>> Launchpad.
>
> Want to start a launchpad vs github flamewar?

No. I actually don't care which you use. I just don't think .Org will
ever be able to productively host this infrastructure, ever. We haven't
been able to do it right since 2001, why would we suddenly start now?

And no offense to anyone who has tried. I am not suggesting we haven't
just that our priorities are not nor will they ever be, pgFoundry or some
successor.

> FWIW, both are AFAIK missing the "simple migration path" that Dave was
> asking for.

Not really... let the developers move it themselves.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake(at)jabber(dot)postgresql(dot)org  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 -
http://www.commandprompt.com/ The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997