Re: pgFoundry Download URLs

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, 2009-12-28 at 19:13 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Guillaume Smet
> <guillaume.smet@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> >> Probably the best bet would be
> >> ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/projects/pgFoundry/pgtap/pgtap-0.23.tar.gz
> >
> > Unfortunately, it's not.
> >
> > All these paths are going to change during the migration as files
> > aren't organized in the same way in newer versions of
> > GForge/FusionForge (newer as in more recent than january 2005)...
>
> That's really not a option. Wholesale reorganisation of the FTP will
> cause a world of pain for people with scripts such as Devrim's.

The user experience is quite a bit more important than people with
scripts such as Devrim's. If we are going to offer the service we should
do so in a manner that is useful and productive to the consumers of that
service.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor
Respect is earned, not gained through arbitrary and repetitive use or Mr. or Sir.