Re: pgFoundry Download URLs

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Дата
Список pgsql-www
2009/12/28 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>:

>>> Are you offering?
>>
>> Working on RAC? No :P.
>>
>> Upgrading GForge? Probably not. I know how many people tried it before.
>
> Not that I'm necessarily volunteering to do anything whatsoever, but
> would someone be willing to point me in the direction of, and/or give
> me access to, whatever I would need to understand the scope of this
> apparently intractable problem?

Not sure what I'd point you too. A large part of the problem is that
the original installation of GForge was hacked about to a) run on
FreeBSD and b) add some features/bells 'n' whistles, but whoever did
it, didn't document it.

A) is not really an issue - we can move to Linux, but we will need a
proper migration plan for the user accounts of course.

B) is potentially more of an issue.

Guillaume Smet did perform an initial migration
(http://takara.postgresql.org/) on FreeBSD, which has stalled, largely
due to lack of spare time I think.

--
Dave Page