Re: pgFoundry Download URLs

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Dave Page wrote:
> 2009/12/28 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>:
>>> Working on RAC? No :P.
>>>
>>> Upgrading GForge? Probably not. I know how many people tried it before.
>> Not that I'm necessarily volunteering to do anything whatsoever, but
>> would someone be willing to point me in the direction of, and/or give
>> me access to, whatever I would need to understand the scope of this
>> apparently intractable problem?
>
> Not sure what I'd point you too. A large part of the problem is that
> the original installation of GForge was hacked about to a) run on
> FreeBSD and b) add some features/bells 'n' whistles, but whoever did
> it, didn't document it.
>
> A) is not really an issue - we can move to Linux, but we will need a
> proper migration plan for the user accounts of course.

yeah

> B) is potentially more of an issue.
>
> Guillaume Smet did perform an initial migration
> (http://takara.postgresql.org/) on FreeBSD, which has stalled, largely
> due to lack of spare time I think.

note that despite what people claim usually our pgfoundry code is only
marginally modified ( two or three things to make it work better on
freebsd and some manual backports for security issues).
The main issue is just that upgrading is simply a large amount of work
that needs a concerted effort from a few of us.

Stefan