Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 3 May 2005, Thomas Hallgren wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> On Tue, 3 May 2005, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> I think the idea is that plphp would be in our CVS, but would not be
>>> shipped as part of the main tarball, rather as its own separate tarball.
>>

>> That is what I'm hoping for ... if it can be shipped as a seperate tarball,
>> my arguments *against* including it become moot, since packagers (and
>> ports) can have a nice small, quick to download package instead of having
>> to re-download a >11MB file each time ...
>>
>> I don't mind if its *also* ship'd in the main distribution as well, I just
>> want that 'quick to download since I already have the libraries/headers
>> installed' package ...
>>
> Any other PL's not currently in your CVS that you might consider to bring in
> while you're at it?

Personally, if the above condition can be met, my objections for inclusion
of anything into core would pretty much be voided, since it eliminates the
requirement to download a 'monster tar ball' if you don't have to ...

That doesn't say anyone else would have objections, only that I wouldn't

----

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement