Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Дата
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2 May 2005, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> On Mon, 2 May 2005, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>
>>> I posted this compromise and no one replied so I thought everyone was OK
>>> with it.  It gets it into CVS, but has a separate compile stage to deal
>>> with the recursive dependency problem.
>>
>> Then what is the point of having it in CVS?  Other then to make are tar
>> ball bigger?
>
> So it can be maintained with other PL languages as the internal API
> changes.  This is the same reason ecpg is in our CVS because it is tied
> to the grammar.

Since when?  I thought you didn't need the PostgreSQL sources in order to
compile pl/PHP, only the installed headers/libraries ... Joshua, has
something changed, or did I mis-understand that requirement?

----