Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Дата
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Increased company involvement
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 3 May 2005, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
>>> Now it is true that you don't need this in for plphp. But if you want php
>>> to have pg client support you need pg built first. And no sane packager is
>>> going to build php twice.
>>

>> Actually, if you look through FreeBSD ports, this is exactly what happens
>> ... when you build /usr/ports/devel/php4, it builds a "vanilla" php, no
>> modules ... if you want pgsql support, you go into
>> /usr/ports/databases/php4-pgsql, and build that (which has a dependency on
>> lang/php4) ...
>>
>> So, for plphp, a "port" would just have to install /usr/ports/lang/php4 to
>> build, but would not necessarily build php4-pgsql ...
>>
>> it is done this way to avoid packagers having to build a monolithich
>> "contains everything" php4 ...
>>

> How ugly.  [remaining comments unprintable]

That's a matter of opinion ... in our environment, it means that clients
can enable/disable PHP features on a per VM basis without having to build
a new PHP binary for each ... *shrug*

----

Сообщение: Re: Bogus assertion in multixact.c?
Сообщение: Re: Bogus assertion in multixact.c?