Re: Issues with Quorum Commit

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Issues with Quorum Commit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 10:57 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> (2), (3) Degradation: (Jeff) these two cases make sense only if we
> give
> DBAs the tools they need to monitor which standbys are falling behind,
> and to drop and replace those standbys.  Otherwise we risk giving DBAs
> false confidence that they have better-than-1-standby reliability when
> actually they don't.  Current tools are not really adequate for this.

Current tools work just fine for identifying if a server is falling
behind. This improved in 9.0 to give fine-grained information. Nothing
more is needed here within the server.

-- Simon Riggs           www.2ndQuadrant.comPostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Issues with Quorum Commit