Re: Issues with Quorum Commit

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Issues with Quorum Commit
Дата
Re: Issues with Quorum Commit  (Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 18:04 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> The key is whether you are guaranteed to have zero data loss or not.

We agree that is an important question.

You seem willing to trade anything for that guarantee. I seek a more
pragmatic approach that balances availability and risk.

Those views are different, but not inconsistent. Oracle manages to offer
multiple options and so can we.

If you desire that, go for it. But don't try to stop others having a
simple, pragmatic approach. The code to implement your desired option is
more complex and really should come later. I don't in any way wish to
block that option in this release, or any other, but please don't try to
persuade people it's the only sensible option 'cos it damn well isn't.

-- Simon Riggs           www.2ndQuadrant.comPostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services