Re: Issues with Quorum Commit

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Issues with Quorum Commit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Aidan Van Dyk <aidan@highrise.ca> writes:
> Sure, but that lagged standy is already asynchrounous, not
> synchrounous.  If it was synchronous, it would have slowed the master
> down enough it would not be lagged.

Agreed, except in the case of a joining standby. But you're saying it
better than I do:

> Yes, I believe you need to have a way for an admin (or
> process/control/config) to be able to "demote" a synchronous
> replication scenario into async (or "standalone", which is just an
> extension of really async).  But it's no longer syncronous replication
> at that point.  And if the choice is made to "keep trucking" while a
> new standby is being brought online and available and caught up,
> that's fine too.  But during that perioud, until the slave is caught
> up and synchrounously replicating, it's *not* synchronous replication.

That's exactly my point. I think we need to handle the case and make it
obvious that this window is a data-loss window where there's no sync rep
ongoing, then offer users a choice of behaviour.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

Сообщение: Re: Git cvsserver serious issue
Сообщение: Re: Git cvsserver serious issue