Re: Issues with Quorum Commit

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Issues with Quorum Commit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 5:07 PM, Markus Wanner <markus@bluegap.ch> wrote:
> On 10/08/2010 04:01 AM, Fujii Masao wrote:
>> Really? I don't think that ko-count=0 means "wait-forever".
>
> Telling from the documentation, I'd also say it doesn't wait forever by
> default. However, please note that there are different parameters for
> the initial wait for connection during boot up (wfc-timeout and
> degr-wfc-timeout). So you might to test what happens on a node failure,
> not just absence of a standby.

Unfortunately I've already taken down my DRBD environment. As far as
I heard from my colleague who is familiar with DRBD, standby node
failure doesn't prevent the master from writing data to the DRBD disk
by default. If there is DRBD environment available around me, I'll try
the test.

And, I'd like to know whether the master waits forever because of the
standby failure in other solutions such as Oracle DataGuard, MySQL
semi-synchronous replication.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao