Re: Issues with Quorum Commit

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Issues with Quorum Commit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
[…]
> I don't see this as needing any implementation any more complicated than the
> usual way such timeouts are handled.  Note how long you've been trying to
> reach the standby.  Default to -1 for forever.  And if you hit the timeout,
> mark the standby as degraded and force them to do a proper resync when they
> disconnect.  Once that's done, then they can re-enter sync rep mode again,
> via the same process a new node would have done so.

Thank you for this post, which is so much better than anything I could
achieve.

Just wanted to add that it should be possible in lots of cases to have a
standby rejoin the party without getting as far back as taking a new
base backup. Depends on wal_keep_segments and standby's degraded state,
among other parameters (archives, etc).

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine